Subject: Proxy AARP? AT NAT?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/05/1998 17:13:15
I know how to do proxy arp to fake out the local routers for IP traffic.
You just make the right entries in the arp and route tables and everything
works.

Anyone know if you can do the same thing with AppleTalk traffic and
Netatalk?  I want a way to make a single appletalk device on the ae0
interface look like it's on the mc0 network.

To be precise I have an HP printer with their network interface.  It's used
both via AppleTalk and Berkeley lpd protocols.  I want (for stupid network
charging reasons) to take it off the JPL network and connect it to,
preferably, my MacBSD machine.  I would rather avoid the attention that
acquiring an appletalk zone name/number would attract.  Any suggestions?