Subject: off-topic: new OS?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Will Enestvedt <will_e@ge.digipress.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/04/1998 16:20:52
Has anyone taken a lok at the "Infinite OS"? It's a System Extension (the
kernal) and an app (which appears to be a Booter); I think it may only
run on PowerPC boxes. (This is in inferrence based upon reading through the
data fork of the kernal and spotting strings like "601/ 603/ 604/ G3/
Unknown Machine" and the fact that they only tried it on PowerPC Macs so
far.)
   Anyway, the web page (http://www.cache-computing.com/os/) is pretty
bare, only linking to a vague email address and a download for the
BinHexed file.
   Any thoughts? I mention it because I wonder if they may have something
useful to share, if nothing else... Sorry if this is not a
list-appropriate post.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt                                   will_e@ge.digipress.net
Tech Services       |       Graphics Express       |       Boston, Mass.