Subject: Re: General NuBus question
To: Chris <smirks@mail.eclipse.net>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/03/1998 01:39:53
> Ps - Mr. Zucca, hows the intvid coming?  Do you see a release any time in
> the near future?

Well I don't want to make any promises but I'm targeting the end of February
or the beginning of March for the first release of an intvidtest2 kernel.
My next break is at the end of February and I have a machine that I can do
development on reasonably. I also have code now that I can debug and clean
up to support at least the IIsi/IIci, IIvx, and Quadras which was my core
requirement for the first release.

I wanted to wait for fb/wscons but that may be a while and upon further
insepction of the fb code on the NetBSD/Sun port it looks like if I'm
careful I can move from a grf type setup to the fb setup relatively easily.
Part of the reason for the speedup of the release date is also due to the fact
that my Master's work is starting to really gear up so I'd like to get the
NetBSD stuff out of the way before I have to start locking myself in the labs.
:-)

There are a bunch of things I have to do to bring the code up to spec for
a release but I think I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for
understanding the hardware on the core machines.

This has been one long learning process for me which unfortunately translates
to a long wait for everybody but I think it will be well worth it.

Hang in there a little longer!