Subject: Re: Ethernet card for IIsi?
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/03/1998 00:17:54
At 19:24 Uhr +0100 02.02.1998, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
>On Mon, Feb 02, 1998 at 12:27:02AM -0800, Wyatt Bertel wrote:
>
>> I'd like to get an ethernet card for my IIsi equipted with the
>> Macintosh IIsi NuBus Adapter Card.
>
>Hi... If I remember correctly, the IIsi uses the same cards as the SE/30.

Make that "can use".

>When I was searching for a card, the only place I could find one was "Data
>Comm Warehouse." They listed two, but one was out of stock and would have
>taken a month to arrive. The other is, I believe, product number DEC1081,
>although this should be double-checked.
>
>The problem is that the card is obscenely expensive. They want something
>like $140 or $150 for the thing, which is about as much as the machines
>that use it are worth by themselves. I couldn't find any better prices,
>and I couldn't find any used cards, so I did something completely different
>- I traded some old equipment for an Intel box with an EtherNet card. It
>ended up being cheaper that way! I still want to get a card for the SE/30,
>but the pressure is essentially off now.

Not quite -- don't panic. To cite Wyatt again:

>> I'd like to get an ethernet card for my IIsi equipted with the
>> Macintosh IIsi NuBus Adapter Card.
                  ^^^^^^

I.e. he can use any stock *Nubus* Ethernet card, even the long ones. I
should know, Espresso is (currently) a IIsi + Nubus Adapter Card + Ethernet
Card.

I've got some more of those enet cards lying around, unfortunately they are
on the wrong side of the Atlantic Ocean.  ;)

	hauke