Subject: Re: Ethernet card for IIsi?
To: Wyatt Bertel <bertel@math.UCDavis.edu>
From: Will Enestvedt <will_e@ge.digipress.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/02/1998 16:26:32
On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 02, 1998 at 12:27:02AM -0800, Wyatt Bertel wrote:
>
> > I'd like to get an ethernet card for my IIsi equipted with the
> > Macintosh IIsi NuBus Adapter Card.
>
> Hi... If I remember correctly, the IIsi uses the same cards as the SE/30.

  Hi;
   I was fooling around with an SE/30 and a IIsi quite recently and
discovered the following: while their PDS cards are generally
interchangeable, the shape of the cases makes it, um, "difficult" to make
some fit. For instance, I have a Radius full page display whose card
(designed for the SE/30) worked great in the IIsi, but stuck up in the air
six or seven inches: no way the cover was going on the case!
   I got an adapter from a place called Timco Computers in the Pacific
Northwest: helpful, cheap, all you could ask. You might check there for
the parts you want.
   As the footer to all his email says:

> Web Page:  http://www.timco-computers.com
>
> Lance Timco            Inventory sheet e-mailed monthly (1st of month)
> Timco Computers        Weekly updates available per each request.
> Seattle, WA  98126     the message, "subscribe to list".  To unsubscribe
> 206-933-6090 voice     send the message, "delete from mailing list".
> 206-937-5058 fax       To get single copy of list without being added to
> Visa, MC and Discover  the mailing list, send the message,"request list".

   I'm not affiliated, just a happy customer. Hope this helps!
-wde
P.S. I have a IIci 80/1Gb (that's right: 80!) that I'm learning about
NetBSD on: everyone's posts are useful and fun. I like this stuff!
--
Will Enestvedt                                   will_e@ge.digipress.net
Tech Services       |       Graphics Express       |       Boston, Mass.