Subject: Seyon: inappropriate ioctl
To: MacBSD Newsletter <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: CTAPYXA <ctapyxa@UCSD.Edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/02/1998 03:52:40
When I run Seyon (terminal emulator - to call BBSs) it sometimes gets
killed by Signal 11. I noticed that it only happens when I try to capture
the screen, looks like redrawing is not fast enough comparing with the port
(?). If I don't do this - it behaves well. Nevertheless, every time I start
it the following three messages appear:

ERROR: ioctl-getmdm: inappropriate ioctl for device
ERROR: Could not get control line status for device /dev/tty00
NOTICE: /GMS/disabling status toggles for this device.

After these seyon continues to operate normally.

Can I do anything to fix this?

Also, which one of DTR/DCE/... and other options must be enabled under
MacBSD? Is it different from Mac?

Quadra 650 24 Meg RAM; MacBSD 1.3 ALPHA; GENERIC-47

Thank you all.

Yuri Oskotsky