Subject: [Q630] It won't work: core dumps
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gwenole Beauchesne <gwenole.beauchesne@iname.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/01/1998 23:18:10
Hi, I am new to the list and I have just tried NetBSD 1.3.

My sytem is as follows :
- Mac Quadra 630 (LC 630 with a full-68040) 36/1700
- SyJet 1.5 Go.

So I did a full installation. I booted as stated in the INSTALLATION
file. Then edited the /etc/rc.conf file then exited. BUT... as the boot
continues, every file (binary, in /usr) that attempts to execute...
generates awful core dumps.

Why ? How can I get arround this problem ? Did I miss something=A0? Let me
also say that my partitions are as follows :
swap :  70 MB
root : 100 MB
home : 780 MB
usr  : 200 MB

To summarize, when I execute a file in the /usr partition, a core dump
is created.

Thanks in advance,

Gwenole Beauchesne