Subject: Re: ppp filters
To: Tsukasa Koizumi <pigtail@tpro.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/31/1998 23:46:56
On Sat, Jan 31, 1998 at 08:55:54PM +0900, Tsukasa Koizumi wrote:

> I'd like to make to be able using only http and smtp on a host from
> ppp connction.

Um... Do this:

man 5 inetd.conf

I think that'll do what you want - simply comment out everything you don't
want serviced. You might not need a firewall. (If, however, you have other
systems using your NetBSD box as a gateway, then you might want to check
out IP-NAT:

man ipnat

If you have services that you want provided to your internal network, but
you don't want to let the outside world at them, then check out the
following:

man 5 hosts_access

I'm sure there's something in one of these man pages that'll do what you
want.

Good luck!

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...www.webtrek.com/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments