Subject: Re: Problems mounting drive
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: J. Benedict <raoul@olympus.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/31/1998 19:03:30
>J. Benedict wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> I rebooted.  It halted and went to single user again.  Here's what it said:
>>
>> Automatic boot in progress: starting system file checks.
>> /dev/rsd1a: file system is clean; not checking
>> sd0(ncrscsi0:0:0): error code 0
>> sd0(ncrscsi0:0:0): error code 0
>> Can't open /dev/rsd0g: Input/output error
>> CAN'T CHECK FILE SYSTEM.
>> /dev/rsd0g: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTANCY; run fsck_ffs MANUALLY.
>> THE FOLLOWING FILE SYSTEM HAD AN UNEXPECTED INCONSISTANCY:
>>        ffs: /dev/rsd0g (/archive)
>> Automatic file system check failed; help!
>> Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:
>>
>> Again, I can mount the partition from the mini-shell and I can run fsck on
>> the partition and it is marked clean.  When I try to boot multi-user, I get
>> the message above and it goes to single user.
>
>what does a "disklabel sd0" as root give you?

Still in single user, disklabel sd0 gives:

#/dev/rsd0c:
type: SCSI
disk: SCSI disk
label: fictitious
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 46
cylinders: 1792
total sectors: 167301
rpm: 3600
interleave: 1
trackskew: 0
cylinderskew: 0
headswitch: 0          # milliseconds
track-to-track seek: 0 # milliseconds
drivedata: 0

7 partitions:
#         size      offset         fstype    [fsize  bsize      cpg]

  a:         2      167299           unknown              #(Cyl.  1818* - 1818*)
  c:     167301          0           unused     0  0  0   #(Cyl.      0 - 1818*)
  g:     167155        144           4.2 BSD    0  0  0   #(Cyl.      1*- 1818*)
disklabel: boot block size 0
disklabel: super block size 0

That's what it says!

Thanks for the help.