Subject: Re: Problems mounting drive
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: J. Benedict <raoul@olympus.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/31/1998 17:56:56
.

>> I attached another drive (80 meg at scsi ID 0) and formatted it as an A/UX
>> data drive with Alliance Tools.  I ran mkfs on the partition, started up
>> the Installer and used the mini-shell to delete the previous /etc/fstab and
>> then re-made the devices, creating a new fstab file.  All of the
>> indications so far seem fine.

I did this step over again, this time partitioning the drive as a "usr"
partition and then mounted it with the mini-shell on /archive which I
created in the first time around.  Then, I deleted and created a new fstab
file.  The drive showed up as sd0g, as predicted by Colin in the first
responce.

Then, I rebooted.  It halted and went into single user mode, saying that I
needed to run fsck manually.  So I did, and fsck marked sd1a and sd0g as
clean.

I rebooted.  It halted and went to single user again.  Here's what it said:

Automatic boot in progress: starting system file checks.
/dev/rsd1a: file system is clean; not checking
sd0(ncrscsi0:0:0): error code 0
sd0(ncrscsi0:0:0): error code 0
Can't open /dev/rsd0g: Input/output error
CAN'T CHECK FILE SYSTEM.
/dev/rsd0g: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTANCY; run fsck_ffs MANUALLY.
THE FOLLOWING FILE SYSTEM HAD AN UNEXPECTED INCONSISTANCY:
       ffs: /dev/rsd0g (/archive)
Automatic file system check failed; help!
Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:

Again, I can mount the partition from the mini-shell and I can run fsck on
the partition and it is marked clean.  When I try to boot multi-user, I get
the message above and it goes to single user.

Jeff

Jeff Benedict - raoul@olympus.net - "Too Much is Not Enough"