Subject: Re: Serial terminal
To: Paul Ripke <weripp@itwol.bhp.com.au>
From: Xiamin Raahauge <xiamin@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/31/1998 16:17:05
Getting the null modem made everything worlds better, however, it's still
not quite working (see below).

On Fri, 30 Jan 1998, Paul Ripke wrote:
> Also, if your Data General terminal is anything like mine, it can be
> configured through a menu. From memory, the menu can be brought up
> by holding down control, shift or another modifier, and hitting the
> key that has an 'N' over a 'C' (up above the numeric keypad??).
> Sorry I'm so vague, but it is a little too far away at the moment.
> If you want me to check it, I'll be able to on Tuesday...
It's shift, cmd and N|C. I set it to use N81, local echo and (I think it's
called) line mode.
When getty runs on it, I get the normal login message, and so I type
`xiamin' at the login: prompt and hit new-line (line mode makes new-line
work the way I would want it to, right?), but nothing comes up after that,
ie no password:.
If I cat stuff to /dev/tty00 it shows up on the terminal too. Right now it
looks like a configuration problem somewhere, most likely the terminal...
-Xiamin