Subject: Re: Misc HWDIRECT fixes
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Benoit MARTEL <magus@cs.mcgill.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/29/1998 18:31:31
> Benoit MARTEL <magus@cs.mcgill.ca> wrote:
>
> >I also had an email from Bob Nestor telling me that he had problems with
> >his powerbook hanging when he moved the mouse but that a fix had been
> >found in his case.

The above is from my own earlier post...
It just happens to be highly inacurate.

The original post was about freezes/crashes when moving the mouse
during boot with HWDIRECT.

First of all, Bob Nestor does not have Powerbook (I mistook P550 for
PB550 when I read his mail).

Second, the problem he reports having been fixed is not the same problem
I was getting. He had difficulties when attempting to use X whereas I had
problems during boot.

The rest of the email should still be correct. I can reproduce the bootup
hangs and crashes. It only seems that I sometimes get a live debugger but
other times it is frozen.

Sorry for any confusion.
Ben

"Because user errors often produce unpredictable results, the user
should try to avoid them."

IBM MVS/XA System Programming Library.