Subject: Re: VRAM Size Dumps Please
To: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/29/1998 14:34:35
Michael R Zucca wrote:

> > what about them? ;-)
>
> Whoops! I goofed up.
>
> I was going to ask folks with Quadras to give me an assembly dump of
> a location in ROM that I was hoping would have the code to do VRAM sizing
> on the Quadras. I had some code to do this but it seems to be broken.
>
> Then I realized I was going to go test some stuff and I might as well do
> it myself. I guess I mailed the message instead of canceling :-)

:-)

> However, this is advantageous. The dump I want is the SIZEVRAM routine.
> You can find its offset in the ROM Tables available in the MPW directories
> at devworld. The problem is that the ROM Tables they have don't line up
> with the Q650. So I need somebody to give me a dump of SIZEVRAM from a
> Quadra 700/900/950.

So it does match up for the Q700?  That'd be pretty cool.  I'll try to
remember to do this tonight, then.  I assume that the numbers for the
"routines" or whatever they are in there are simply hex offsets?

> Those ROM tables are quite helpful when you want to get around the ROMS.
> Anybody who would want to do work with IOPs has a gold-mine in those tables.

I've got a copy at home, but I couldn't find a few things I wanted to
(like the stuff that happens before the ROM is remapped back at it's
normal address :-)

Later.