Subject: Re: VRAM Size Dumps Please
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/29/1998 17:21:22
> what about them? ;-)

Whoops! I goofed up.

I was going to ask folks with Quadras to give me an assembly dump of
a location in ROM that I was hoping would have the code to do VRAM sizing
on the Quadras. I had some code to do this but it seems to be broken.

Then I realized I was going to go test some stuff and I might as well do
it myself. I guess I mailed the message instead of canceling :-)

However, this is advantageous. The dump I want is the SIZEVRAM routine.
You can find its offset in the ROM Tables available in the MPW directories
at devworld. The problem is that the ROM Tables they have don't line up
with the Q650. So I need somebody to give me a dump of SIZEVRAM from a
Quadra 700/900/950.

Those ROM tables are quite helpful when you want to get around the ROMS.
Anybody who would want to do work with IOPs has a gold-mine in those tables.