Subject: Re: Serial terminal
To: Xiamin Raahauge <xiamin@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/29/1998 14:06:00
Xiamin Raahauge wrote:

> I recently got a DataGeneral terminal (I have no clue about a model
> number, but it seems to be a vt100 type deal, or at least that's what the
> status line says). I'm interested in using it with my Q650, especially
> since I'm without a monitor for a little while, but I can't for the life
> of me get it to work.

Do you have a terminal program that you can use on the Mac to test this
setup out?  I usually use ZTerm.  What you need to do is hook up the
terminal to your serial port, then fire up ZTerm on the Mac and fiddle
with it until you can type both ways.  I suppose it's possible that the
terminal isn't running in the "standard" 9600 8N1 configuration that it
would need to be, but I have no clue how to make it change if that's the
case.

Later.