Subject: Re: Quadra 900 (was RE: Got 630 Video!)
To: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/29/1998 08:52:54
SamMaEl wrote:

> 	I talked to the guy with the Q900 and am going to probably buy it
> tomorrow. He's also throwing in 2 boxes of Mac programming books...
> including most of the Inside Macintosh volumes, and alot of other little
> tidbits ;-) And a nice 19" Monitor (Greyscale, but there's no real color
> support yet anyways ;-)) for $500... good deal? ;-) Oh, and a syquest 40MB
> drive with 7 cartridges too ;-)

cool...good luck on your purchase.

> 	Anyways, I'm willing to use the machine as a testbox for anything
> that people can cook up... I have a couple drives I can use for it. With
> the internal SCSI bus I can put some drives I needed cases for in it ;-)
> I'm also working on digging up some information on the IOPs, etc. I doubt
> I'll fare any better than Allen, but I'll see what I can do... just what
> information is needed to get them working?

chances are you'd need to I/O space addresses of the IOP registers (and
know where each register goes), you'd need to know what kind of commands
you need to send to the IOP's to get them do to something useful, and
you'd need to know a little 6502 assembly to actually program them ;-)

later.