Subject: Re: g77
To: Brian Carroll <carroll@ultdev.chess.cornell.edu>
From: Johan Carlsson <johanc@fusion.kth.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/28/1998 19:24:47
On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Brian Carroll wrote:

> Anyone know how well g77 compiles/runs on macbsd.

IIRC it compiled out of the box for NetBSD 1.2 GENERIC #1. I haven't used
it that much but I haven't had any problems with it.

You have to recompile gcc simultaneously though, I have gcc 2.7.2 and
g77 0.15.8. I used the vanilla gcc source code but I think the gcc that
comes with NetBSD is a hacked version. Maybe one of the gurus on the list
knows if using vanilla gcc has any nasty side effects I haven't noticed?

I have no idea how g77 likes the NetBSD'ish gcc.

For a "liter" solution you might want to check out f2c, it's a
Fortran-to-C source code converter. If you ftp to netlib.bell-labs.com you
should be able to find it.

/Johan