Subject: Re: nubie, hello and questions
To: Dale Einarson <einarson@cafe.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/27/1998 18:37:01
On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Dale Einarson wrote:

> hi all,
>
> Superfluous prenote:
>         This is my 1st post.  I have little UNIX experience.  I have Linux,
> FreeBSD on I386. No prob.'s!  I have failed to get things running on
> MacBSD.  twm/X runs  (lynx works.),  but dt-1.1.4, AfterStep or avail'
> binaries no chance.

How do they fail? We can't really help you with this little info. :-)

>         Q:  X front end;  What is the name of the mac like front end? were
> do I get it?

It should be in the x distribution in the 1.3 stuff on ftp.netbsd.org.

>         Q:  Are there any URLs that might help bring me up to speed?  ( I
> know of these)
> www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/meta-faq/
> www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/faq/
> www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/

These are the biggies.

>         Q:  Netscape /motif  ( on my PC )
> I have Netscape running on FreeBSD_i386/TWM/X does this say anything about
> the MOTIF problem?

It says that Netscape built the binaries, and staticly linked them with
the Motif libraries. If someone who legally had Motif compiled Netscape
for mac68k (actually for m68k is fine), then things'd be fine.

>         Q:  Does anyone have a mount_amiga2DD_floppy file?

No. We don't support floppies at the moment. :-(

Take care,

Bill