Subject: Drives and ram question
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Hazbun <rhazbu01@shadow.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/27/1998 17:35:16
Ok, this is a hardware question relating in general to macs and to the
hardware that they use.

I was given the chance to strip an LC to get parts for my mac IIsi, and
I wanted the ram and the drive so that I would be able to install
MacBSD. The drive was fine, It's only 80 megs but better than the 40MB
one that I have, but the LC didn't have any 30 pin simms, although it
did have something that looked like a simm in a gray socket that was
next to it. Thinking that I couldn't use this, I left it and now when I
open my computer I see the same socket there next to the simms, what is
this socket and can I use the hardware that the LC II had in this socket
in my computer.

NO it is not the Nu Bus slot, although it may be the pds slot, I don't
know. Please help and thanks in advance.