Subject: Re: straaaaange
To: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/26/1998 13:27:56
Michael R Zucca wrote:

> > > apply cleanly to it.  BTW, if this is just the sense code thing that
> > > Michael mentioned, a copy of the patch is in the FAQ on puma (and
> > > www.netbsd.org later today).
>
> Somebody should do a send-pr on this so it goes into the kernel. I tried
> the other day but my NetBSD box is behind a firewall and I don't really
> have sendmail services setup.

Do you have web access?  There is a web-based version of send-pr on
www.netbsd.org that you can use to submit pr's (although I'm not too sure
how well patches will paste in :-(  Also, you can use send-pr and then
save the PR form somewhere so that you can transfer it to a machine that
you can send mail from.

> The patch I sent to Ryan turns off video interrupts (I hope) on the 630's.
> This will allow ethernet to work properly and hopefully other things that
> were dependant on proper servicing of video interrupts.
>
> It also includes the Quadra patch as well. If it works I can submit it to
> the powers that be and get it incorporated into the source tree.
>
> BTW, can somebody please tell me exactly what the protocol is for folks to
> send in patches for official entry into the source tree? I would email Scott
> but sometimes it seems as though he disappears for weeks at a time.

The best way is to send in a change request PR (unless it's really a bug,
in which case you can send in a bug PR).  Either way, it gives a permanent
record of your report (unless gnats loses it when you send it in, so make
sure that it gets recorded in the first place), so someone will eventually
get around to it (usually Scott since he's the port-master).

Later.