Subject: Root FS mount problem (Re: hmm)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_Sunagawa@yokogawa.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/26/1998 11:54:30
Please use appropriate subject.  Please.

godel@CAM.ORG (Keith Douglas (lover of the one))  wrote:

Keith> Update again: I can boot fine in single user mode;
Keith> however, this seems to mount the file system read
Keith> only, which doesn't help life; if I don't boot in
Keith> single user mode, it panics with an error 19 in the
Keith> scsi stuff - couldn't mount root.

I read your mails, but some more (important) info needed.

* What kind of formatter do you use?  If you using Apple's
HD SC Setup, try 3rd partys' one and vice versa.

* Which kernel do you use?  I've experienced some Quantum
drive didn't like GENERIC kernel using ncrscsi.  So if you
using GENERIC kernel, try GENERICSBC and v.v.

* Did you make device files in /dev?  If you didn't that, it
won't boot correctly.

Keith> Now what?  Can I fix stuff from single user mode by
Keith> changing the file system's status?  If so, how?  Etc.

* Did you check the FAQ?  It answers your questions, IIRC.
The mount command does the trick, but I don't remember the
command line options exactly, so check the FAQ.

It's a chance to raise your skill in unix.  Good luck!

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_Sunagawa@yokogawa.co.jp>
Happy Hacking!