Subject: great
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: lover of the one) <godel@CAM.ORG (Keith Douglas>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/25/1998 16:58:26
I've managed to work around the installer's bug with later partitions and
booted succesfully once with the etc and base .tgz files installed.
However, now (after doing other things in life) I cannot boot anymore - it
will not mount root successfully and die horribly.  I reformatted the
partition using mkfs, wondering whether my 'reboot' to get out of netbsd
was a bad idea and reinstalled the etc/base files (with the kernel, of
course!).  This didn't solve the problem.

(System as always is a 8 meg IIci, 2.1 gig quantum fireball drive, running
built in video in 1 bit colour)

Keith Douglas