Subject: serial console/boot echo
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@lethargy.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/25/1998 16:51:52
Hi, i have a IIcx i'm trying to set up serial console with. so far, i have
not had any luck. I have the serial console option checked it the booter,
with the printer port selected. i X-ed in the box in the table that said
printer as well.  I attached a regular printer cable from my IIcx's
serial port to my powermac's printer port and ran zterm on my
powermac (on the printer port), with 9600 as the terminal speed (also the
same speed in the booter) and nothing came up on the zterm screen during
boot.
did i do something wrong?
what is all the new stuff in the serial window do? i remember the older
one being much simpler.
thanks,
  - a