Subject: Re: Fetch/ipnat problems
To: Armen Babikyan <armenb@lethargy.mit.edu>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/25/1998 08:58:38
Hi,

On Sat, 24 Jan 1998, Armen Babikyan wrote:

> Ok, i'm about to add this to my HOW-TO - Check your ftp client for a
> "passive transfer" option. this should fix the problem. Anarchie certainly
> works with passive transfer, and i'm nearly certain fetch does as well.
>
> My IPNAT HOW-TO is at: http://lethargy.mit.edu/~armenb/ipnat.html

And it is an excellent HOW-TO. It got me up and running in 5 minutes.

For those out there who might have other UN*X computers connected to their
LAN using IP-NAT, the magic to add is a "-p" in the command line.

  ftp ftp.macbsd.com

becomes

  ftp -p ftp.macbsd.com

If you are using other FTP clients (like Netscape), you need to put them
into "passive" mode.

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
   Me & NetBSD: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/