Subject: Re: Fetch/ipnat problems
To: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@lethargy.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/24/1998 11:25:52
> 	Well, I've been using IPNAT for quite awhile now, and I ran into a
> little problem. I don't know if anybody else has noticed this or not, but
> when I try to connect to a remote FTP server on the Internet (connecting
> to my NetBSD machine with Fetch is fine) from any of my MacOS machines, I
> cannot view file lists, upload or download files.
>
> 	I don't remember the exact error I get, but basically it just
> won't work ;-) And, it's a pain to ftp to the machine from my NetBSD
> machine, then FTP to my NetBSD machine from MacOS to get a file.
>
> 	Any ideas? Here's an 'ipnat -l':
>
> # my NetBSD machine is 192.168.3 and my main MacOS machine is 192.168.1.1
> # netmask 255.255.255.0
>
> map ppp0 192.168.0.0/16  -> 206.163.4.228  portmap tcp/udp 10000:65000
> map ppp0 192.168.0.0/16  -> 206.163.4.228
>
> 	What could cause this?

Ok, i'm about to add this to my HOW-TO - Check your ftp client for a
"passive transfer" option. this should fix the problem. Anarchie certainly
works with passive transfer, and i'm nearly certain fetch does as well.

My IPNAT HOW-TO is at: http://lethargy.mit.edu/~armenb/ipnat.html

If there are any other setup things i've forgotten to add to the page,
please tell me. thanks.

later,

  - a