Subject: Re: xntpd
To: Amitai Schlair <amitai.schlair@usa.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/23/1998 16:51:46
On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Amitai Schlair wrote:

> > At 5:13 PM -0800 1/22/98, Amitai Schlair wrote:
> > >I read that 1.3 integrates NTP into the system. I'd like to run xntpd,
> > >but I just can't find tickadj anywhere on my machine. How much of the
> > >NTP package is included?
> >
> > Tickadj is used to tweak kernel parameters to improve ntp operation.
> > Since there is already ntp support built into the kernel I expect it's not
> > needed, hence not provided.
>
> Yabut, the FAQ says:

Uhm, blow off the FAQ here. This FAQ entry was written before ntp got
integrated. Things might have changed a little with the integration.

The xntpd man page mentions an ntpq and an xntpdc program to see how it's
doing. Also, you can turn on debugging.

Check out the man page, I think it'll be your friend.

Take care,

Bill