Subject: Re: xntpd
To: Amitai Schlair <amitai.schlair@usa.net>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/23/1998 09:50:12
At 5:13 PM -0800 1/22/98, Amitai Schlair wrote:
>I read that 1.3 integrates NTP into the system. I'd like to run xntpd,
>but I just can't find tickadj anywhere on my machine. How much of the
>NTP package is included?

Tickadj is used to tweak kernel parameters to improve ntp operation.  Since
there is already ntp support built into the kernel I expect it's not
needed, hence not provided.

I haven't tried to do anything with it yet, but I suspect that if you turn
it on in the rc.conf file and create an appropriate /etc/ntp.conf file that
it should work.  I will say that without a ntp.conf file that it doesn't
even seem to see ntp broadcasts.