Subject: Re: *So* close!
To: Adrian Rollett <acrollet+@andrew.cmu.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/22/1998 21:17:36
Adrian Rollett wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Space Case wrote:
>
> > On Jan 22, 12:58pm, Ken Nakata wrote:
> > >I need a lttle clarification here, please.  You are running a kernel
> > >with either the video LKM or the SLOTMAN patches on a Centris 610
> > >without a NuBus video card, and the internal video mode set to 8-bit
> > >mode, right?  And if you run the color X server (Colin's, I presume),
> > >it gives you the shades of pink and yellow?
> >
> > Not quite.  The LKM won't load because I don't have Nubus video, and
> > I didn't even try the SLOTMAN patches 'cuz I figure they do too.
> >
> > So I have a -current kernel with the patch in grf_iv.c and MADHATTER
> > defined, and the latest color X server.  That's all.  The shades of
> > pink and yellow are not entirely unexpected, and I was exulting because
> > I was running X on the C610 for the first time. ;-)
> >
> ok, maybe this has come up, but I'd like clarification:
>
> Is there a server for the 1.3 X distribution that supports color with the
> lkm? i.e. I have the lkm working with the 95 Xserver, can I get the 1.3X
> distribution and have it work?

Yes, there is a new color X server available which supports the 1.3 X
distribution.  This is covered in the FAQ, btw (well, the version of
www.macbsd.com, not on www.netbsd.org until later this weekend).  The new
server was made by taking Ken's changes to the original server and adding
them to the 1.3 X distribution.  I'm using it right now, so I'm pretty
sure it works as well as the older one :-)

Here's the URL:

ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/X/Xmac68k.tar.gz

I hope this helps.

Later.