Subject: Re: ppp connect speed
To: wb2oyc <wb2oyc@bellatlantic.net>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/22/1998 16:42:03
On Jan 22,  5:33am, wb2oyc wrote:
>>That did it, thanks.  ppp-report now says:
>>
>>chat:  Jan 21 22:08:39 CONNECT 28800/24000/V34/V42BIS

>Steve,
>    Make sure your modem is set to report the actual carrier speed.
>Most modems default to a setup that does not.  Many will set the option
>in the init string to report the DTE speed (port to modem) and not the
>actual carrier connect speed.  For Hayes compatibles, the AT command

Umm, looks to me like it did report carrier speed.  I know that part.
I was just unclued as to how to get chat to report it... :)

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have!