Subject: Cheap stuff (was: New to the list)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jim Schmidt <jschmidt@tardis.svsu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/22/1998 09:36:51
On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Colin Wood wrote:

> Robert Hazbun wrote:
>
> > If anyone has any part I can use I will buy them from you. I'm looking
> > for 16 Mb of ram -> 4-4MB simms 30pin, 100ns or faster, nonparity. and
> > about 300 mb of hard drive space.
>
> Take a look at www.onsale.com.  They usually have pretty cheap memory and
> drives ($9-$15 for 4MB SIMM's and $200-$300 for 4GB drives, a lot less
> for smaller drives).

Just a side note while the topic of auction sites is floating around -
www.ebay.com is another nice auction site, with a very large Macintosh
section and computer section in general.  I am currently the high bidder
on a 2 gig half-height SCSI drive at $80.00... that oughta hold BSD 1.3 a
lot better than my 80 meg drive. :)  You might also want to check out
www.thechipmerchant.com for ram - I've bought from them several times for
several machines, and have never gotten a raw deal.  Their prices are
almost always within a few dollars of market lows.  (This is free
advertising, btw - I don't work for either one of them. :D )

 Zaren Ankleweed - Bitdancer, Freelance   |  "It's the information age --
 Acquisitions Agent, Minister for "Bob"   |   everything gets saved
 a.k.a. Zaren on #macintosh in the IRC    |   except for the human soul."
 finger jschmidt@tardis.svsu.edu for more | Rev. Matthew Carey, Vision Temple