Subject: Re: -current kernel compile error and fix
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/22/1998 03:31:20
On Wed, Jan 21, 1998 at 11:30:41PM -0800, Colin Wood wrote:

> Have you upgraded config and all your Makefiles before trying to compile a
> current kernel?

I rebuilt config first, after doing a "sup -o". I assume the sup took care
of making sure I had all the newest Makefiles.

> Did you redo a "make depend"?

make clean && make depend && make, after running the new config.

> You do have the latest files.mac68k, right?

-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  3979 Jan 13 08:42 files.mac68k

I'm going to assume this is the latest, since it's only a week or so old.

Was adding the additional include directive not the right way to go about
fixing this? It seemed right at the time, and the kernel doesn't seem to
be giving me any trouble as yet.

Later...

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...www.webtrek.com/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments