Subject: SyQuest Weirdness
To: NetBSD List <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Evans <mr_krak@televar.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/22/1998 00:49:47
Maybe someone can help me out here.....I dunno if this has a thing to do
with NetBSD or not, but I found it _very_ strange indeed.

I had re-formatted a SyQuest EZ135 cartridge for NetBSD and then decided
to not use it.  I forgot that I had formatted it that way (Was a long
time ago) and when I tried to use it on the Mac side it was _obviously_
unreadble so I re-initialized it for Mac and copied about 100 Megs of
Data to it.

I left the cartridge in the Drive and booted into NetBSD....no biggie, I
had done this 100's of times before....

I took the cartridge to the local Business Journal today to give them my
ad copy, and the cart. wouldn't mount.  after poking around with
Silverlining it showed that the cartridge was still in Un*x
partitions...so I initialized it, and used Norton Recover on it and low
and behold all of my data was there..

Anyone have _any_ clue why this would happen?  It has had be confused all
day...

-Greg