Subject: Re: ppp connect speed
To: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
From: Nikolai Vladychevski <niko@netspace.com.mx>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/21/1998 23:57:11
>Can anyone tell me how to get ppp to report what speed the modem
>connected at?  I've tried putting "ECHO ON" in various spots in
>ppp-chat, but /tmp/ppp-report stays empty, and nada in
>/var/log/messages either...
you should put "REPORT CONNECT"
in the chat script, but it will be only reporting the speed that was used
to initialize serial port between computer and modem. I always get
"CONNECT 57600" but my modem is 28800. So it really has no sense to
report. Or maybe it is my modem? (Global Village Platinum) Try it, maybe
for you it will work.

nikolai

Nikolai Vladychevskii, niko@netspace.com.mx
Another mad Java Developer
Dom Software. +52 (72) 13-2642 Toluca, Mex.

"Only Ice Cream Has 31 Flavors"