Subject: New to the list
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Hazbun <rhazbu01@shadow.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/21/1998 21:21:16
Frist off I would like to say hello to everybody, my name is Rob and I
am new to this list.

I am currently setting up my Mac IIsi and trying to upgrade it so as to
use it as a web server and I would like to run Net BSD for mac., I
already downloaded it. Here's the catch, I only have 3 megs of ram and a
40 meg HD.

If anyone has any part I can use I will buy them from you. I'm looking
for 16 Mb of ram -> 4-4MB simms 30pin, 100ns or faster, nonparity. and
about 300 mb of hard drive space.

Second, I was wondering if anyone has tested NetBSD for mac, on any
machine that has been overclocked, I am going to overclock my cpu soon.
up to 25Mhz, as you know, the macs came set at 20Mhz. if you need more
info on this please goto the Clock Chipping Site:

http://socs.berkeley.edu/~schrier/mhz.html

This has been around for a while and has been tested and shown to have
little or no problems.

I would also like to know what kind of internet applications are
available of port-m68k/NETBSD. Will Netscape run on it(not that I will
try, but just curious)? I am mostly interested inweb server apps such as
apache.