Subject: Re: installing problems
To: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/21/1998 14:42:58
Mark Andres wrote:

[ work around for problems with large Quantum drives and Installer
  difficulties ]

> Any chance this could make it into the FAQ, since the Fireball 1.2G drives
> are rather common?

Yes, an excellent one.  I was working on this question last weekend (since
it has come up before on the list), but I didn't have a good way of
stating the fix.  This should work just fine.  Thanks Mark!

BTW, I've got an intermediate copy of my updated FAQ et. al. available in
the usual place on puma.  Hopefully, it'll answer most of the questions
that have come up in the last 6 months or so.  Let me know if anyone
thinks there is something major that I've missed (and I know of a
couple of things already that I haven't gotten to yet).  I've got another
round of updates this weekend, and them I'm going to try to focus on
rounding up all of the HOWTO's that I've received or have been posted in
the last few months.  Thanks for everyone's patience!

Later.