Subject: Re: Rebuild an X11 server
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arnaud Blanchard <jblancha@pratique.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/21/1998 08:21:53
At 9:11 PM -0500 on 1/19/98, Michael R Zucca wrote:

Hi !

> There is an IOCTL to do this but you need the right header file to use it.
> If you're using a color kernel you should get the right grf.h so you can
> compile programs like color X or whatever else you feel like cooking up.

I Know this file && lkm...
I tried to use it , with a Radius vdeo card ( I think)
Now I'm using , just internal video, on a IIci, so I don't think
I can change CLUT :-(

> I'd imagine you'll have a hard time porting linux doom. I think it used
> SVGA lib. Even if it doesn't and uses X instead you'll prob. get
>disappointing
> frame rates because we have no accelerated X servers either :(

Id-Software release the linux-X11 vers. of Doom.
I tried to compile it , & run it on my IIci+internal-video+
XColorServer (without Lkm) , so I got BAD color ( light yellow on whithe :-)
I succesfully run Doom, and I got .... 5 fps :-)

Now I'm "working" to make it run without X11 ( acess directly to /dev/adb
and /dev/grf0) . It is FAST but, without right color :-(

Now a question about GCC:
I think that GCC give parameters to functions, with the stack.
right ?
Is there a way to pass paramaters via register ? ( as CW with PPC ) ?

jblancha@pratique.fr
www: http://www.pratique.fr/~jblancha/