Subject: Re: Fix idea for Quadra Monitor Problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: U-ki Kuroe <y-kuroe@sys.es.osaka-u.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/21/1998 14:58:01
I'm using NetBSD-1.3 and X11 with 1024x768 resolution on Quadra650.

I rebuilt my kernel by applying the 'madhatter patch' to "mac68k/machdep.c"
and commenting out an 'if sentence' of "dev/grf_iv.c." The 'if sentence' is
described in "grfiv_match()" function as follows:

/*
        if (sense == 0)
            found = 0;
*/

I also confirm to work fine with 832x624 resolution (640x480 maybe). If
'madhatter patch' is not applied and only above hacking is applied, then
X11 works fine with 1024x768 resolution but not with 832x624 resolution.

--------
$B9u9>!!M44u!!(By-kuroe@sys.es.osaka-u.ac.jp