Subject: Re: X Fonts
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Chris <smirks@mail.eclipse.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/21/1998 00:45:40
Update,
I figured out how to install 3rd party fonts in netbsd.  thanks to Colin
for a little lead into how to solve it.

Take the font, place it in the correct dir. Most 3rd part fonts should go
into /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc.  Once its in there run 'compress
font.pcf' (thanks colin!), to compress it.  After that, while in the same
dir run 'mkfontdir' , and  that will add the correct info into the fonts.dir
file.

So, just for basic knoledge, that would be how to add a 3rd party font.

Chris