Subject: Re: Son of "compiling perl"
To: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
From: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <tschulze@compuserve.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/21/1998 00:37:05
On 1/20/98 8:38 PM, Todd Vierling at tv@NetBSD.ORG wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, T. Sean (Theo) Schulze wrote:
>
>: So, I installed gdbm from the Red =

>: Book's CD-ROM.  It occurs to me now that I should find out if there is=
 a =

>: newer version of gdbm.  Or, should I remove gdbm, re-make perl and red=
o =

>: the tests?
>
>Better yet: (if this is not through the pkg system) when configuring per=
l,
>to it interactively at least through where it asks you which modules to =
load
>dynamically/statically.  Change the defaults to leave out ODBM_File from=

>either list (the default, I believe, is to load it dynamically).

You're right, and I feel silly for not having thought of it.  ODBM_File =

*is* one of the options, and since I have been doing './Configure -d' to =

accept the defaults, it has been left in.  Just a little patience going =

through the configure script, and I might have it.

Thanks,

Sean.

                 T. Sean (Theo) Schulze
71410.25@compuserve.com           TSSchulze@aol.com
Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but
his judgement; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if
he sacrifices it to your opinion. -- Edmund Burke