Subject: Re: installing problems
To: Robert Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
From: Kevin Havener <havenerk@Walden.MO.NET>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/1998 18:50:52
OK, I was really thinking the 1Gig limit (just for these Quantum Fireball
1.(25)G drives), not the cylinder thing.

I bumped the memory allotted up to 15 M and it made not one whit of
difference.

I first made a 500 M mac and 700 M BSD partition.  Did not work.  Then I
made a 500, 500, 200--the middle 500 was a BSD partition, forget where
swap was.  Did not work.  Then made a 50 M swap, a 500 root+user, a 500 M
Mac and a 200 M mac.  Damn if that didn't fix it.  You're going to have
to convince me there isn't a 1G problem of some sort with this disk.  I
reformatted the thing a zillion times and let Silverlining thrash on it
(reading and writing sectors) for 8 continous hours.  Near as I can tell,
only moving the BSD partition to the front of the disk (and away from 1G
mark) worked.  YMMV. (and no, I didn't mess with the cabling at any time)

                                    Kevin