Subject: Re: X Fonts
To: Chris <smirks@mail.eclipse.net>
From: Kevin Havener <havenerk@Walden.MO.NET>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/1998 17:46:06
What I know about X fonts from Linux experience.  Uncompressed fonts
should work.  Older (pre 3.3) X Servers used compressed fonts.  3.3 and
later use gzipped fonts.  I had to uncompress the 3.3 fonts for a while
to use with my commercial i386-based server.  That one, at least worked
with uncompressed fonts.  Don't know about XFree servers.  I take back my
second sentence.  But it sounds like you are using the previous (non
XFree(?)) server.  Now I'm really treading on thin ice.  Probably nothing
I've said applies to you at this point :-].  Oh well, in case you were
interested....

                                   Kevin