Subject: Mac serial to DB25 cable
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeffrey Ohlmann <jaohlma@BGNet.bgsu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/1998 17:42:26
I've just acquired a trunkful of junked computer equipment, among which is
a Liberty Electronics "Freedom 100" dumb terminal that appears to work
(also included is a delightful Apple "Duodisk" double 5 1/4 disk drive!).
For lack of anything else to do, I was thinking of trying out this thing
(the terminal, not the drive) as a serial console.  The thing is the
cabling.  I see in an old Jameco catalog that there is a DB25M to mini
DIN8M cable, described there as "for Hayes modem".  Would this item work
for this use?  Or would I have to fabricate something myself?  Or is there
another source I can look to for an appropriate cable?

Thanks for your help,

Jeffrey Ohlmann