Subject: sendmail and custom kernel
To: NetBSD Mac <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Amitai Schlair <amitai.schlair@usa.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/1998 17:23:37
My customized kernel, which has otherwise worked terrifically, has
caused an previously imperfect sendmail config to cough and die.

With 1.3 GENERIC, sendmail worked, except that each time I sent a
message using it, it would complain something like "sendmail[582]:
gethostbyaddr(10.0.2.15) failed: 1". I have two Ethernet interfaces, and
it looks like sendmail is looking on the wrong one. I've posted to
comp.mail.sendmail to see if someone can tell me how to have it do the
hostname lookup on the right interface, but my real question is: why did
it work before (sort of), and die now? I didn't change anything in the
config file relating to networking, other than turning off the Ethernet
drivers I don't need...

So I'm back to GENERIC for the time being. ;)

--
Music is essentially useless, as life is.
     -- George Santayana