Subject: Fix idea for Quadra Monitor Problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/1998 16:16:50
I recently had a little brainstorm about the Quadra "My system deosn't
get a grf devices when I boot with such and such mointor" problem.

Originally I thought it was a bad variable not getting set (and it still
may be to some extent). However, if you look closely at the code
you'll notice that Allen put in a little preliminary monitor
sense code.

That code isn't correct and should be removed. My guess is that the
monitors in question leave the sense register at 0 and the code
concludes there's no monitor and doesn't attach the grf device.

The code's there in an attempt to provide "headless" support but I've
got correct code in my Quadra driver I'm working on now. So you'll
have to wait a little for correct monitor sensing :)

I feel silly for not having thought of this earlier :)

Could somebody please give this a try?