Subject: Again...Problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris <smirks@mail.eclipse.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/1998 13:47:16
I sent this a few days ago and I recieved no reply. Is this problem
fixable, or should I just not use netbsd on the machine?

Chris

--

Hey,
Today I installed NetBSD 1.3 on my Quadra 605 and I get the following

--snip--
Automatic boot in progress: checking file system checks.
sd0(esp0:2:0):medium error, infs = 1904366 (decimal), data= 00 00 00 00
                                                       11 00 ea 80 00 11
CANNOT READ: BLK 1596922
/dev/rsd0a: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY: RUN fsxk_ffs MANUALLY.
Automatic file system check failed; help!
--snip--

Then it boots into single user mode.  I've already edited the rc.conf and
all that.

I am using a Quadra 605 w/ 12 meg of physical RAM.
Internal Seagate 1030gb Hard drive broken into teh following:
  a) 150mb MacOS partition
  b) 855mb root and usr AU/X partition
  c) 24mb AU/X Swap partition

I know this machine isn't fully supported, but I've noticed a number of
users able to use the Quadra 605 w/ little problems.  I followed the
installation instructions all the way through.

This is the generic kernal too.

I hope I've included enough information to try to fix it.

Chris