Subject: 1.3 Upgrade errors, DOH!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom Tarka <tommy@slackers.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/1998 13:29:05
If anyone can give any pertinent (and hopefully timely) advice one what
went wrong on my upgrade to 1.3, it would be appreciated.  Here's what
happened...

first:
 System:  IIcx, extended keyboard and mono monitor running 1.2.1 and X.

What happened:  I followed the "Upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3 instructions", but
I may have forgotten the "p" in the "tar --unlink -zxvpf ...".  When I
finally got to the step of re-making the devices, I got *tons* of errors
from chgrp and chown that said:
	undefined symbol: "___fstat13" called from chgrp:chgrp at ....

Well, needless to say, it did boot into multi-user, but a number of
programs didn't work (with similar errors) or tcsh would just dump core on
me.  I tried re-starting the upgrade process, but that hasn't worked (and
now I can't even boot multi-user).

So, is there an easy solution, or am I re-installing from scratch...?

	-t

Tommy Tarka                         |             http://burri.to/~tommy
tommy@slackers.net                  |   http://www.slackers.net/AirTarka
  "I didn't get close enough ... to see her personality" - John Allison