Subject: Re: Son of "compiling perl"
To: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
From: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <tschulze@compuserve.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/1998 12:27:10
On 1/20/98 12:18 PM, Todd Vierling at tv@NetBSD.ORG wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, T. Sean (Theo) Schulze wrote:
>
>: >*Compile* failed?  Or running the perl test suite?  If running perl t=
ests,
>: >it wouldn't be the `complex' one, would it?
>: =

>: Sorry.  I just realized my other answer didn't answer both your =

>: questions.  Perl 'make test' fails on lib/odbm.
>
>Perhaps that's because NetBSD doesn't have an odbm.  :>  Of the DBM
>packages, only ndbm, db, and sdbm should compile--gdbm if you have that
>installd.  (Incidentally, if you have gdbm installed, it may be trying t=
>build odbm bcause gdbmhas a backend for it that's not quite so reliable.=
)

I do have gdbm installed.  A (good) while back I compiled and installed =

perl (I don't recall the version), and the example scripts in the Llama =

book weren't working because my machine couldn't support the database =

stuff called for in the scripts.  So, I installed gdbm from the Red =

Book's CD-ROM.  It occurs to me now that I should find out if there is a =

newer version of gdbm.  Or, should I remove gdbm, re-make perl and redo =

the tests?

Regards,

Sean.

                 T. Sean (Theo) Schulze
71410.25@compuserve.com            TSSchulze@aol.com
"Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you were a =

member of Congress.  But I repeat myself."
-- Mark Twain