Subject: NetBSD on a Performa 405
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jim Schmidt <jschmidt@tardis.svsu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/1998 08:56:01
Whee, it works! :)

After a few false starts and a 6+ hour install process (finished while I
was sleeping), NetBSD 1.3 is running on my Performa 405 / LC II, on an 80
meg HD and 8 megs of ram.  Kinda sad to see a load average of .11 with 0
users on the system, but whattya want for free? :)

Now that I've figured out how to generate user accounts the long way, I
was wondering if anyone could point me towards some help as far as
getting other unix scripts and files and the like onto my BSD partition.
If there's a particular URL that explains things, I'd be most
appreciative if you could share it with me. Thanks.  (And chances are
that, just like the last mesage I sent, I'll find what I'm looking for
ten minutes after I send this...)

 Zaren Ankleweed - Bitdancer, Freelance   |  "It's the information age --
 Acquisitions Agent, Minister for "Bob"   |   everything gets saved
 a.k.a. Zaren on #macintosh in the IRC    |   except for the human soul."
 finger jschmidt@tardis.svsu.edu for more | Rev. Matthew Carey, Vision Temple