Subject: Re: XWindows, Ghost-Priest, 800x600 and 68040
To: Xiamin Raahauge <xiamin@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
From: Greg Evans <mr_krak@televar.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/19/1998 22:59:37
>On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, Greg Evans wrote:
>> anyway, if anyone can help it would be appreciated, or perhaps point me
>> to where the ghost-priest kernels are located again, perhaps there is a
>> newer one?
>>
>> -GReg
>>
>Look on ftp://scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net/pub/kernels/ghost-priest#11.gz
>It's compilied from the 1.3 release sources.
>-Xiamin

I remember that before once I changed back to the 14" monitor the
ghost-priest kernels would configure the grf and I was able to run X but
once I switched back to the 17" it again failed to initialize the grf.

Lucky for me I have a friend close by with a 14" that I had forgotten
about.  I borrowed it and with the 14" Apple monitor it initializes the
grf, on the 17" it doesn't. :/  T

he 17" is a Nokia 447L and has one of those "adapters" between the
monitor cable and the Quadra with four switches.  If I cahnge the
switches the monitor goes nuts.  they are currently set at 1 and 4 down
(off) 2 and 3 up (on).

It always worked fine under 1.2.1, but is yet to work under 1.3.

Could it be that the changes in the code for 1.3 will render X on my
beloved 17" undoable because fo something with the adapter for the
monitor or perhaps the monitor itself?