Subject: XWindows, Ghost-Priest, 800x600 and 68040
To: NetBSD List <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Evans <mr_krak@televar.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/19/1998 22:02:15
Sorry to ask this again, but I have a Q610 which previously was able to
run B&W X in 800x600 mode.  Since installing the 1.3_beta I was able to
compile a kernel with the madhatter patch (or at least as much of it as I
knew how) manually applied.  I was able to run X again, but only on my
Apple 14" monitor in 640x480 (the only res it supports) and of course in
B&W :)

I no longer have that monitor and was just wondering if any of the other
Quadra people might be able to suggest a kernel or somethign that I might
do to get X working again on my 17" monitor..I would settle for 640x480
in B&W but would of course prefer 800x600 :)

I had it working a _long_ time ago in 1.2.1 I believe it was with the
madhatter#37 kernel, though ps and such were broken...heh...

anyway, if anyone can help it would be appreciated, or perhaps point me
to where the ghost-priest kernels are located again, perhaps there is a
newer one?

-GReg